- two cups of general-purpose flour
- one/2 cup sugar, divided
- three/4 cup butter or oleo
- 1 ingredient, gently crushed
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- half dozen medium baking apples, peeled,
- cored, and cut
- 1 1/2 cups dry cereal with raisins
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons juice
in a very bowl, mix flour and 1/4 cup of sugar; cut in butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs. mix egg yolk and water; stir into the flour mixture and blend lightly. Form dough into a ball; press onto the bottom associate degreed sides of an unlubricated fifteen-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the apples over the crust. mix granola, almonds, and remaining sugar; sprinkle over apples. Bake at 350 degrees F for fifty minutes or till apples are tender.
Cool on wire rack. mix confectioners’ sugar and juice until smooth; drizzle over pie.